Download a complete list of benchmarks available in the Manufacturers Benchmarking Toolkit.
Download industry vertical and sub-vertical breakdowns to see the number of responses from your industry in the Manufacturers Benchmarking Toolkit.
Manufacturing Operations Benchmarks include:
- Improvement methodologies followed at the plant and level of adoption of chosen methodology(ies)
- Importance of process improvement to your plant’s success over the next five years
- Percentage of a fully engaged workforce in chosen improvement methodology(ies)
- Programs and/or practices occurring at a plant (such as benchmarking, total productive maintenance, and quality certifications)
- Estimate of operation/production measures for a plant for the current year and three years prior, including manufacturing cycle time, on-time delivery rate, perfect delivery rate, finished-product first-pass quality yield, scrap and rework, and warranty costs
- Total production output (unit volume) change in the past 12 months
- Plant’s costs as a percentage of costs of goods sold (COGS), including for plant revenue, labor, overhead, and material
- Approximate sales per employee
- Per-unit manufacturing costs
- Practices used to manage inventory
- Inventory turn rates for raw material, work-in-process material, finished goods, and total inventory
- Total obsolete inventory